So, well... yum.
That is all I can muster up to say because I am in a chia-type nirvana state, that I am unwilling to come out of.
OK. I am with you (wipes drool from mouth).
I love flavour pairings and this once is a doozy...Some may say it's too much, but I say yeehaa to all of the flavours!
So without further ado, here we have this fibrous and omega-3 packed, immune-boosting ginger-spiked, tummy tightening protein punch of a snack.
- 1/4 cup chia
- 2 1/4 cups of coconut milk, or water/almond milk for a lighter version
- 1.5 scoops vanilla whey protein
STRAWBERRY ORANGE SALSA
- 2 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 punnet strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cm fresh ginger, grated
Soak the chia seeds in liquid of choice (water, milk) over night, or at least a few hours, until gelled.
Grate ginger and mix into maple- allow to infuse for a few hours.
Stir the chia seeds to break up, and separate into 4 small cups or jars.
Mix chopped strawberries, oranges and almonds and top the chia cups.
Drizzle maple ginger syrup on top to sevre!